Closing date: 28 September, 2021
We are looking to employ a Caretaker apprentice to work alongside Mr Rowley in helping to maintain our school.
The successful candidate will assist in the management of the site and grounds to ensure they are maintained at all times in a safe, clean and healthy state for pupils, staff and visitors.
You will be expected to be a champion for health and safety around the school, and supervise some external contractors
The role involves supporting the management of fire safety, water hygiene, asbestos and COSHH and assisting in general cleaning, litter picking, maintenance, repair, general portage, site security and gardening activities.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the caretaker in carrying out preventative and planned maintenance
- Work safely with tools, ladders, maintenance equipment and materials
- Undertake training in all aspects of caretaker duties
- Communicate effectively face-to-face with staff, pupils & external customers
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Ensure compliance with company safety procedures & statutory legislation
- General cleaning and removal and transport of bulk refuse & furniture
- Set up rooms for special events and school functions
- Work on own initiative using problem-solving skills
- Arrange larger repairs and obtain quotes from contractors
Please click on the following link for full details and how to apply:
|Site Technician (Caretaker) Apprentice||September 28, 2021|