We currently are accepting applications for the position of Mental Health and Wellbeing Practitioner.
Closing Date: Friday 16th July, 2021
Fixed term contract (until 31/8/2022) for 18 hours per week (3 days), term time only.
Do you believe that all children can succeed, regardless of their needs?
Can you make the difference to a child’s wellbeing and emotional needs to help them become a successful member of our school community?
Do you have the passion, quality and excellence to work with children aged 4 to 11?
If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
At Werrington Primary we are committed to helping all children develop their social, emotional and personal skills. We are seeking a highly motivated practitioner to join our valued Emotional Health and Wellbeing Team in delivering early intervention approaches to children and families utilising the THRIVE model.
The successful candidate will need strong communication skills enabling them to work with a variety of partners, patience, resilience, strength of character and friendly determination, in dealing with some of our most vulnerable pupils and families and the agencies that work with them. The successful candidate will demonstrate dogged determination and professional curiosity to help support the outcomes for our families.
An ability to keep secure, accurate and confidential paperwork, producing concise written reports and action plans is essential.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A qualification in mental health
- The creativity and ability to inspire children
- A genuine desire to make a difference to children’s lives
- A positive attitude to teamwork
In return, Werrington can offer:
- A warm, friendly environment where staff and pupils are dedicated to the ethos of ‘Together we succeed’.
- Interested, motivated, well behaved pupils
- Supportive and relevant professional development
- A positive attitude to staff wellbeing with a sensible workload and an emphasis on a healthy work/life balance
We would very much like you to visit our school, to meet the staff and children and to discuss the post. Our address is:
Werrington Primary School
Stoke on Trent
Telephone: 01782 980010
To apply for this post, application packs can be requested from the school – email@example.com, or using the links provided below.
- Closing Date: Friday 16th July 2021
- Candidates who are short listed will be contacted by telephone or e-mail, if possible.
- Interview Date: Tuesday 20th July 2021
Please return your completed application directly to the school.
This is a fixed term (until 31/8/2022) contract for 18 hours per week (3 days), term time only.
- This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the DBS. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.disclosuresdbs.co.uk
- This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please click on following the links to read/save the above and supporting information, and download the application form in Word docx format:
|File Type||Subject||Date Posted|
|Mental Health & Wellbeing Practitioner Advert||June 25, 2021|
|Mental Health & Wellbeing Practitioner Job Details||June 25, 2021|
|Application Form||June 25, 2021|
A PDF reader may be required in order to save and open documents listed on this page.
Click here to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, if needed.